Monday, October 12, 2009

39 Weeks-passing the time

Well it is now 39 weeks and not much has changed. I head to the midwife on Wed. hoping for some progress. Emily and I have been working hard to get freezer meals, bread and broth prepared. I can't help but think with all of these preparations made that the wait may still be a while-well better to be ready!! I am just praying that this little one is not too far over due as that will cause problems for us having a home birth. I believe I can't go over 42 weeks and still deliver at home.

At this point I can't imagine going that long as this baby would be so huge.
We are trusting in the Lord for this little one to arrive safely on his/her sovereignly chosen day and place. What day will that be? We are all guessing right now. For fun we took out the calendar and went around the table giving everyone a chance to pick days they thought the baby would be born on. We filled all of Oct. It is fun to see them check the calendar each day to see whose "day" is today.

I feel like I am in a good place right now-at peace with all of the natural birth, not at the hospital stuff and if-we-need to go to the hospital for any reason I will trust the Lord to provide the right people for that too. I truly believe this is a walk of faith that is drawing David and I closer to each other and closer to the Lord to trust Him all the more.
From the incredible gift of this child that medically is a miracle that we conceived to the opportunity to have a healthy pregnancy that allows me to be at home for birth.

I find myself thinking often of our time of waiting to go get A and K and all the unknowns we faced then. Trusting foreign officials, not knowing when we would leave, praying for health for all of us, which is not unlike our time now of waiting (no foreign officials to be concerned about though!). It is all a leap of faith...I believe this is the essence of being a parent. With every child no matter how they come to us there will be unknowns that cause us to walk closer with the One who knows them best...their creator, Almighty God who formed them in their mother's womb (Isaiah 44:24) who teaches us to raise them for His glory.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to get to read the latest! You have been on my mind a lot lately and especially yesterday as we talked about Emilys birthday several times! Please tell her happy birthday from all of us. We love you and are praying for a healthy arrival for you and baby!
    Jenn for all
    p.s. love that birthing pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yes, Happy Birthday Emily! We have to see photos of your special day!

    Love ya
    Barb

    ReplyDelete