- We are having a baby girl--no name yet but we are close
- We are in the midst of launching our family business DesignCraft Custom Woodworking and Institute
- We celebrated 2 birthdays in May Kathlena's 6th and J.Michael's 13th and 2 anniversary's David and I's 17th wedding and Andrew and Kathlena's 3yrs home!!
- Andrew is no longer patching! He also only has to wear glasses for reading now. His vision is amazing.
- Kathlena is patching 4hrs a day and making huge progress her vision is now 20/50 up from 20/200 last year...incredible!!
- Emily finished writing her book for Kathlena "When I was Little in Russia" a story about our meeting and adopting Kathlena. She has also been hard a work taking an accounting course to help with the family business along with being my right hand, busy cook, and helping teach Andrew and working with Calvin.
- Calvin is growing up so fast. He is a man of few words but manages to communicate quite well. He is a great helper, observes everything and tries to do what the big kids do. He and his brothers are quite tight and he has enjoyed moving into the boys room.
- J.Michael is enjoying having time with Dad in the shop. He was given a carving set for his birthday that he is learning how to use.
This is our family blog. By God's grace we are striving to live as Deuteronomy 6 commands. "you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up."
Saturday, July 9, 2011
39 weeks...I know where have we been??
I have had dozens of posts in my head and none of them have made it to the blog. Well, in part I have to say that since I have had a relatively smooth pregnancy I have not had as much "down" time as I usually do which often facilitates more time to write. I know that is just an excuse I really should be more disciplined to write, forgive me! I am going to try to do a better job...and yes we will post baby girl pictures and updates here. I am going to try to just list in bullet points an update of the last 6 months. So here goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praise God the blog is back! We have missed catching up on the Shiflet family. We love you all and you are in our prayers daily.
ReplyDeleteThe Isbell Family